Earn money through your website, join Affiliate Window

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Gaviscon

GAVISCON is the brand name of a liquid medicine that can be used to help relief from heartburn and acid indigestion which usually accompany gastric problem in stomach. I have been using this medicine for a couple of weeks, since my GP told me that my stomach produces too much acid in the evening when I am about to sleep. The acid makes me having difficulty to breathe from lying position and it also makes me feeling the burning pain of heartburn. The funny thing is, the more I think about the pain, the more I feel it, because apparently the acid production increases when I am more stressful.

The Gaviscon Liquid I am having has peppermint flavour and it tastes like...peppermint, of course. Actually it tastes mixed between peppermint and something else but I can't explain this other taste.

It looks like this medicine is quite good and effective in reducing my pain. I feel better everytime I have it before lying on my bed and it makes me sleep better. This medicine apparently is made in the UK and distributed in Australia by Reckitt Benckiser. The label explains that the liquid does not contain aluminium, sugar or gluten; but it contains sodium (Sodium Alginate, Sodium Bicarbonate and Calcium Carbonate), hydroxybenzoates and saccharin. Now, Calcium Carbonate in geology is comprised by limestones, which means I may be having the syrop phase of "limestone" :).

No comments: